Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hello from the Golem of Prague!


Hello everyone,

It’s me! The Golem of Prague (take a look if you’re not sure). I can tell you, I didn’t sleep very well. They went and built a television tower right where I was resting. It gave me a bit of a headache.

I heard about this EGI Technical Forum though. It sounds interesting – hearing about all the technical developments in e-science. This European Grid Infrastructure, and the science being supported, all sounds a bit more forward-looking than Rudolf II in the 16th Century. He caused some trouble, I can tell you.

How do you like my new style?
Anyway, I’m really looking forward to sneaking in to a few of the sessions next week for the EGI Technical Forum next week. As you can see, I’m getting into the spirit of things. I’ve had a bit of work done, undergoing some structural transmogrification. As I like computers, I’ve got a new silicon skin…well, clay is an aluminosilicate – just ask the geologists and the material scientists in EGI. As well as those two disciplines, scientists from all backgrounds and technical disciplines will be meeting to see how they can work together to solve some pretty big scientific problems.

I’ll be blogging a little bit every day from the forum, and I’m going to pop into Globus as well to see what they’re up to. If you’re interested in blogging for Gridcast, why not DM me on Twitter? My handle is @GolemPraha. Now, if I can just stop eating these computers, I can get some work done!

Yours, Golem Praha.

No comments: